Friday, July 18, 2008

Team Italia - June 2008




We were all excited to help host an FCA Sport's Camp with Italy's OM missionaries:
http://www.om.org/resource/r10280 Paula and Eliseo were awesome and we had a really great experience.....











Torre Pellice, Italy was a wonderful little town - a valley of the Alps - near Turin in northern Italy.... the Alps made a semi-circle around the town and the views were just incredible... walking down the streets, I felt like I was on a movie set.....


The Sport's Camp was so much fun - I really got a workout all week long... we also visited a nursing home and lead two women's fitness classes...









on the site seeing day, we went to Monte Carlo (much to rich for my blood...) and to Nice, France... the views were amazing...


We had a fun day playing with the kids in the city park too.....














The last day of camp, there were over 100 children!! I just about fainted when I saw them march in.... 32... 5 thru 8 year olds - not one spoke a lick of English... it was a miracle!!



There was a cookout the last day - the kids and parents enjoyed hotdogs and hamburgers, a novelty....




Yes, folks, cows barreling through the middle of town - very loud!! They were all wearing the biggest cowbells I have ever seen...













Eliseo receives our game ball.... all signed as a thank you to him.....

We ate so much while we were there..homemade jams for breakfast and pasta for lunch and dinner....
















Another site seeing experience in Turin....









Note to self: have the ingredients in your pizza translated.... yes that is an egg in the middle of a spinach,tuna,corn, and pea pizza.....















view of the alps from the plane...










A very sweet homecoming!















No comments: