Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Melrose and LA: Shopping and Eating - LA day 5




Next, we went shopping. Jessi and I went into a Vintage shop ( http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2075/2481101451_c9469ae83e.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dogtownink/2481101451/&h=375&w=500&sz=236&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=Setr0FC7MTdCtM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAardvark%2527s%2Bodd%2Bark%2Bin%2BLA%2Bwebsite%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26rlz%3D1T4DKUS_enUS244US244%26sa%3DN)and found lots of cool stuff and also into an Urban Outfitters store and a Vintage Tee store. Jessi and I really lucked out when we discovered a store going out of bussiness and we racked up like no other!! Rachel also found some great finds at a store- not sure of the name but very now....



Here we are doing our fashion show and picking out which outfit we should wear to dinner...





We first walked over to the Westin Hotel and rode the scenic outside elevator to the top floor....



The views of LA were very pretty at sunset....






We had some cocktails (virgin ones for the mini me's - should go without saying but just wanted to be clear on that...) and appetizers and enjoyed the view.....


























"Hey Daddy, I love you.... and I miss you..."










Then we went to the swankiest Mexican Restaurant I have ever been to....(over 100 bucks for only 2 entrees and a few drinks...) this is Jessi after eating some of the vegetables they brought for the chips...very very hot - made the poor girl cry...!!!! Bless her heart....














"Take a picture with me, mommy...."











Rachel is getting close to "pumkin time" so mom and Kimmie head off to Kimmie's gym downstairs for a pick me up drink for Rachel, a red bull...


But, unfortunately, a Red Bull has no power over "pumkin time"


Oh, and we also bought a vintage dress for Molly, but Jessi is sleeping with her right now so I will have to wait until tomorrow's blog to show it to you - it is very cute....











No comments: