Tuesday, July 29, 2008

just another 3 days at home..school around the corner..


So, it's the day after our LA trip... I have serious jet lag and slept until 12:00 and found the biggest cup for coffee I own..gotta love goofy!! My girls went shopping for some back to school clothes, courtesy of Grandma. As they were pulling their new threads to try on from their bags, I snapped this shot - they both wore the same colored tank tops under their shirts and the same jeans - they hadn't even realized it until I pointed it out...they really are Twinkies whether they will admit it or not... Adam says they were dug straight out of my... well you can fill in the rest...









I don't know if this is just a Westbrook girl thing or not, but we always have a fashion show when we get new clothes.. it is normal to us.... here is outfit number one...
"Thank you, mommy, for letting us go shopping while you stayed home and cleaned house! - love you" ....









Outfit number two... Becca is actually saying, "peace, baby" but it coincidentally is outfit number two...





Okay this is how I spent the day..... my blue laundry container is empty.... I am unpacked and the laundry is done... Victory in Jesus!!! What an action filled, wild and crazy, interesting and captivating life I lead...... my laundry is done.... praise Jesus!!











Outfits number 3 - Jessi shows Becca that Becca's shirt also fits her.... oh the stories I can tell over fights about clothes... it can get ugly, but today they are friends... we take it day by day around the Westbrook Hut....








Okay, so this picture is quite blurry, but still added it to show Jessi's current growth spurt. I swear she has grown about 3 inches this summer. Her legs go on for days, I'll tell you...she is all legs!!! And in this picture, you can see that her waist matches up with Denise's...well let's just say..chest... too funny.....







Dad and Denise have us over for dinner. The ribs were so good and the rest was right out of the garden: corn, butter beans, squash, mashed potatoes, cucumbers, sliced onions.... it was so good that I told Denise she could cook even better than she cut hair (which if you have been to Denise for a haircut, you know that was a huge compliment) - You can always count on a delicious meal at Denise's house - that woman can cook!!











Here is Preston... funny story... Becca asked Preston to go and ask his mom if he could get in the pool. He had been carrying around Becca's phone and pretended to talk on it all evening and then would carefully put it back in his pocket with Velcro flap (the taking it out and putting it back in the pocket was just as cute as him walking around and pretending to talk on it - when you are small and your fingers are little, this tends to be quite an ordeal....) So he tells Becca to hold on... he finally gets the phone out of his pocket and then proceeds to "call his mommy" on the phone... After he has "his conversation" with his mom on the phone... he takes another few minutes to painstakingly get the phone back in his pocket. Then he looks up at Becca and says, " I called my mom and she said I can go swimmin'" - It was the cutest thing ever!! Gotta love toddlers!!!



Here is the gang in the pool - Becca, is it cold?















Drivers BEWARE!! This is Becca driving with me and Adam in the backseat and Jessi up in the front seat... she is scheduled to get her license in just a few weeks... we are placing bets now... Lord help us!!


The next day, we have Natalie and Bridgett and Madison over for Natalie's birthday. My little sis is 32 - wow!! Dad and Denise also make it - yeah!













Jessi made the cake ....make a wish, Tojo...
















It's a Coleman stove, just what I have always wanted.... we make plans for another camping trip this fall..... yippee - and now Nat will be doing all the cooking (my plan worked..hah!)













Bridgett sews up my pillows and if you have been to my house and seen my holey pillows, you understand how exited I was... she made it look so dang easy... and she said she enjoyed it (doesn't compute) they have been holey for over a year... for those of you who were feeling sorry for me.... you can rest easy now... :)










They duke it out on the Guitar Hero.... Aerosmith...

















Always clownin' around.... ha!!

















Me and my sweetie!!!

















For the record, I stink at Guitar Hero!!!!!!!! I just don't get it..... Jessi, are your braces brothering you? You can tell in Jessi's face that she also thinks I don't ever need to attempt to play guitar hero ever again....















For the record, I rock at Dance Revolution - in your face, Jessi!!!














Here are the Dancin' Divas!!!!


















Okay so yesterday, we had our 3rd annual gift card, coupon, change bucket day... I highly recommend everyone having one... we have ours the week before school starts back.. I really missed Becca with us but she was forced into going with her friends to Myrtle Beach this week, poor thing...
So what we do is take our change bucket and cash it in (we had $66.83 in change...woo hoo), and took any more money we had on gift cards we have accumulated in the last year and haven't used yet (target $15,Ulta $15, Red Lobster $18.52, Barne's and Noble $15, Hastings $25, Longhorn $9.87, Lowe's $33.98, $20 of movie tickets to the Georgian) and any coupons(two Chic-fil-A sandwich coupons, 4 dairy queen vanilla cones, and a free ice cream from brusters...) and went scooter pootin' all over town. We also try to only shop on the sale racks to even further stretch out our money.. Jessi and I had an awesome day... Thank you to anyone who contributed in the form of gift cards - it was a real BLAST!! We went the whole day with our meals completely free, bags and bags of new stuff, and used our "change money" and shopped the sales and made out like bandits at Shoe Carnival and Rugged Warehouse!! I got 3 shirts that were originally $50 bucks each from the limited for $7.99 each, for example.... (sorry if you are not "a shopper" and you just didn't feel your heart leap when I told that story... but it is my blog and I do love a deal - thank you for those who can appreciate it!!)

"Yes, I would like two kid's cones and two waters...yes, that will be all"
"I love eat free day!!"












Okay, so I need to figure out this camera so I can take action shots... but I tried... I tried to be inconspicuous and take some shots of Jessi learning her new routine with her GA Heat team, but Jessi nixed that idea.... she looked at me and mouthed, "mother, stop!! you are embarrassing me!!" so this is the best I could do.... what? moms can't take a few pictures during practice.....jeez Louise.....


























No comments: