Sunday, August 10, 2008

Warning: Do not adjust your picture. These photos are all unfortunately blurry. They will be better the next time I blog...I am on the lookout for a new camera.

A curse has evidently been put on our family... Adam's cell phone died, then lightning struck right by the house and took out our house phones our tivo and the internet, then my cell phone died, then this camera started making blurry pics, and then today Becca's phone died.. so this is the best I could do.... all this happened within 3 weeks...

Our family was finally all home on the same evening this past weekend and so Jessi and I gave Adam and Rebecca their LA souvenirs....

The nominees for 'best sister' are: Brittney Spears, Tia Campbell, Marsha Brady, and Rebecca Westbrook..... And the Oscar goes to .....Rebecca Westbrook!!!!

Speech!!!! "I would like thank the little people"







And the nominees for "best husband" are: George Bush, Adam Westbrook, Kid Rock, and Homer Simpson. And the Oscar goes to Adam Westbrook!! Speech!!!! "I would like to thank my wife and my girls and my dogs."
















Community Christian started their groups again this school year. I was very excited to get into a group that meets right down the road from me... yeah!! It is one mile from my house, if that... super!!

Here is the younger couple of the group who are engaged....aw how sweet....Bryan and Kerri...






Here is LaWanda who is married to Steve(the one holding the remote control in the next picture) the other gentleman in this picture, I can't remember his name to save my life... but I will tell you that he is going to bring so much to our group....he is super smart and knows so much about the Bible!! I can't wait to get to know him better.
















I have never seen a remote like this one.... very impressive and hard to lose..this might be something that I need to look into...



I really hate that these pictures all came out blurry!!! This one was actually the best one out of the many I tried to take.... we have a picture of our girls every year holding up what grade they are going into... another school year begins... Jessi in 8th and Becca in 11th...








This was taken outside of Taco Mac. We had met the Anderson crew for dinner and to watch some of the opening ceremonies of the Olympics... Adrian is blocking this sign from Rebecca to help her out (and to make good fun of Pooh Bear) because she had an incident at school on Friday where she ran right square into a pole on her way to the cafeteria. She has a huge bruise on the side of her face to prove it....as we say here in the south...."BLESS HER HEART!" Good thing Adrian was there to keep her from hurting herself on the way to the car!!














On Saturday, I return from taking Jessi to guitar lessons and I see the other half of my family getting Becca's future car all cleaned up... CRACK ME UP!! Becca can't just come out and wash the car...No.... she has to put on her leopard rubber boots and sport her redneck cap... all jobs for her require a certain costume... she also does her homework at home in her room with "thinking caps" on (which are usually some really crazy hat) and "glasses" which are really just accessory glasses with just clear plastic lenses- the child doesn't need glasses, but she wears the fake Kate Spade pretend ones while studying by herself. I asked her why and she said, "It just makes me all smart." That is my pooh bear. She always makes me scratch my head and then smile...

Please pray for our family. Becca goes for her driver's test on Thursday. Hopefully a clean car will parallel park better - that was their theory, I guess.....













No comments: