Monday, September 1, 2008

Adam's Birthday Week,Grandmother comes to Newnan, and Labor Day Weekend

Tuesday, August 25th, Adam turned 36. Jessi had cheerleading so Adam said we couldn't call it his Birthday dinner 'cause Jessi would be upset. So we didn't call the waiters over to sing or anything... we just planned to eat out while waiting on Jessi. But a friend of Adam's was at the bar and he told the waiters so they ended up singing after all... Hah!! and his buddy paid for our dinner .... it ended up being a great night (but we did miss Jessi :))
I really can't take these two anywhere...

Adam discovers his first grey hair......


Here is the 'root' of the grey hair issue.... Becca and Jessi... yep...


We go out on Wednesday night to Jekyll and Hides for dinner with the Johnson family.... we had a table full of kids.... The grown ups discussed our beach plans for October... I can't wait... and sorry kids, just the big kids (a.k.a adults)..



Adam welcomes some guy time....




Yeah!! My grandmother came to visit and I even got to take her up to Northgate to see my classroom and some of my teacher friends.



I was so excited to have my grandmother in Newnan. This is the first time she has visited me here since I was married which was 16 years ago!!


I show off my birdhouse I bought after our Labor Day race in Newnan. Ain't it cute?!? The booths around the courthouse square in downtown Newnan were much better than anything they had at Keith's Corner....


Showing off my new race shirt... Adam and I ran the Fun Run in Newnan on Saturday... I wasn't happy with my time, but at least we got out there and did it...



We all gathered at my mom's house on Saturday night for Adam's birthday and to hang out some more with my grandmother.... my sister and I tend to be very silly ... we are modeling the bell peppers that Natalie grew at her house..... I didn't know bell peppers could be so much fun!! (yes, we are mom's house but she won't be featured in the pictures per her request.... apparently she doesn't approve of the pictures of her I choose to display on my blog... whatever...)


Bridgett and the girls.... yes, Adam's birthday party consisted of 8 women. No men. But he didn't seem to mind.....


One of the cucumbers Nat brought was sour. It didn't get enough sunlight, we think. The girls all dared each other to bite it .... I don't know who they get their silly ideas from.... Bridgett...






Another one has fallen to peer pressure....




Yep, she did it too...


And her....


Adam opening his presents.... Nat, Maddie, and Bridgett got him a goodie bag for his new "Man Bathroom" downstairs....

Me, Becca, and Jessi bought Adam these sperrys. When he opened them, he said, "Oh, look. Cool. Sabagos!!" and the girls said, "what are Sabagos?" It was very funny!!


After "present time", we make shishkabobs, and Nat...... Needless to say, dinner was a little late making it to the table. But what would dinner be without a sword fight?



While we are busy in the kitchen doing important stuff, Jessi and Adam chill in the living room with my grandmother.... Aw, look Adam already put on his new 'Sabagos'....


Mom makes her famous banana pudding for Adam's "birthday cake" and he makes his second wish this week....



Me and my "momma's girl" - the sweet thing about this picture is that we aren't posing, Adam just got us being lovey dovey....


And here is the other half..... Adam and the "daddy's girl"... Adam and Becca.... spells trouble...


We love you, Grandmother...... she is so cute!!!!


Gotcha!! What's a grandmother to do.....

On Sunday, Jessi bakes Adam yet another cake for another get-together at his mom and dad's house. It will be a double birthday. Adam just turned 36 and his dad turns 62... She is sporting the apron we bought at the vintage shop in LA - my little betty crocker... Love it!!

Here is the finished product... I think I am gonna keep Jessi a little longer.......




Here is Adam blowing out his candles for the third time this week.... hope he is making some really good wishes.....
Well, it has been another wonderful week around the Westbrook hut. A very good week, indeed.....




























2 comments:

Judy Adams said...

What a blessing to have these wonderful photos of your grandmother!

Marjie Westbrook said...

i love the bell pepper picture!!!!