December started off with quite an emotional start.... On Sunday, November 30th, I received a text from Rhonda that her dad passed away and later that day, received a call that Lauren's mother-in-law had also passed away and a few days before that, her father-in-law had also passed.... so for the first week of December, after our Thanksgiving break was spent rallying around our very best friends while they were taking care of all of the arrangements etc....I got to take care of Rachel one night while Rhonda was in Roanoke with her family so that Rachel didn't have to miss too many days of school. Jessi and Rachel have fun doing even things like laundry...which is just like me and Rhonda ... we have fun together doing really anything... in this picture they were in shock at how big Adam's jeans are and decided to see if they could both fit in them...which, of course the two skinny minnie's could do quite easily...
Here they are holding up a pair of brat pants that had somehow found their way into the laundry... "uh, mom, I think I shrunk your pants" they said to me.... cuties...I wish I had a picture when Ginger, Amber, Joanie, and I went to Roanoke to support Rhonda at her dad's funeral.... it was all bitter sweet, really.... it was definitely a day I will never forget and I learned alot about how important girlfriends are in life.... I really felt like we kinda crashed it and like it was episode of 'sex in the city' or something.... the details should mainly stay with the girls but one funny thing I can share is when Amber went to pay for her gas, she couldn't find where to pay for her gas.... it wasn't a 'pay at the pump'... the gas pump was older than Amber... I don't think she had ever seen one like that, bless her heart... going to Alabama was like going back in time.... what a trip....
Look out, Blog readers.....my mom is back on the blog.... she has lost 20lbs. and is lookin' good.... I took this picture after Jessi's Christmas Chorus Concert that was held at First Baptist Newnan... it was a really pretty service!!!
The boot camp girls all got together and had a Christmas/Birthday party ... the birthday girls were Carla and Sandra... and we also played dirty Santa with the gifts we bought... it was so much fun!! Here is crazy Amber ...showing off about 20 ways you can wear this wrap around thing that Sandra received as one of her birthday gifts... she wrapped that thing around her every which a way you can imagine.... crack me up....
Here is Sandra opening her birthday gifts... love the top, Sandra. You should wear it just like that.... I bet you looked fabulous in it when you were in Jamaica.....

Here we are after an evening of fun... I love to laugh so I am always happy to spend time with these wonderful women...I smile and laugh the whole time I am with them and always walk away learning something new... like... "don't take myself so seriously" or "just screw it... will it really matter a year later" or "eat and be merry" and so on and so forth... I have never been around a group of women like these gals... they have a special place in my heart for sure!!!
My peeps decided to ex our standing weekly La Parilla night to visit each others houses for Christmas and eat and play games and stuff... just a sorta change things up a little.... the first one was held at my house... we had homemade soup, sweet tea, and played "apples to apples" - Ginger kicked butt at this game.... she was really good at reading her judge... we are such a wild bunch, huh?

On Dec. 6th, we decided to have a shin dig at mom's house ... a "decorate the tree" kinda dinner... Natalie, Bridget, Madison, and Jessi got their first and then after Becca's soccer tournament and a day of shopping at Perimeter Mall, Becca and I headed up, but not before picking up Bryce .... After dinner, Jessi and Madison get this crazy idea to see if they could tie string to Jessi's eyelash... and as you can see, they succeeded in doing so.... this is a symptom of "tree trimming avoidance" but don't worry, I got them up and busy....
Before we could put ornaments on the tree, there was this one little problem.... a string of lights would not burn and we knew that there must be one string that had not been plugged in... we all looked and looked and looked... her is me and my lil' sister up under the tree looking up to find it... can you tell we are sisters or what?
Now Bryce take a turn..... still no luck...
Becca looks very concerned about the lights on the tree.... she has found a hat to model... another symptom of "tree trimming avoidance"
So we gave up on the lights and just turned the non-burning area to the back and hopefully it will be okay.... Becca and Bryce are good helpers... poor Bryce... another evening spent with a room full of females and he is the only guy...HA!
Maddie and Jessi take charge of hanging the ornaments while Mee Mee sets out her Nativity and Nat and Bridget set out her village... and I do what I do best.... supervise :)
Nat and Bridget taking a break...... the village looks great, guys :)
Here, while you sit and rest, let me serenade you ..... "Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Glory to the New Born King..." This picture is pretty good...but would have been so much better if my sis would have been acting a fool right beside me... instead of laughing at me on the couch... when she took this picture she said that I looked like a ...well special .... bless my heart....

Jessi found an angel ornament that was missing its head so Jessi decided since she is the "angel child" that she would fill in.... sorry, Jessi, but we can't hang you on the tree....but you are my angel.... love you!
Mee Mee with her girls!! The tree is all decorated and we take time to get a few glamour shots before we leave.....

Mom models some of her new threads for me and lets me snap a really good picture too!!! Lookin' good, mom!! Girls, ya'll did an excellent job on the tree too!!!
My favorite three lovely ladies.....
Becca and the lone boy......
my crazy girls.... Jessi is a limber freak....
The next day, me and Joanie and Rhonda take off to Atlanta to Rhode's Hall where our girls sang for this ritzy Christmas thingie...... Here they are before the singing began....how pretty

Jessi and Brittany with Santa.... they were performing while little children got to have their picture taken in this beautiful castle, Rhodes Hall. So if you have money and don't want your children to go sit in Santa's lap at the mall with all of the regular people, pay to come to Rhodes Hall and sit on this Santa's lap and be serenaded by a chorus and eat crumpets... crack me up!
This is another room in Rhodes Hall where the children can make ornaments... Jessi and Michaela....

My baby girl... almost as tall as me..... I was so proud of her for being invited to sing... Mrs. Walton only picked a few to come
the momma's ready to flee this joint and shop at Atlantic Station.....
Okay, they are singing ... we stay for a minute and pay our mommy dues (seriously, they did sound very pretty) and then like a banana, we split.... Hallelujah, Atlantic station is a rocks throw from the castle......
Northgate had a great honor this month... we are a "School of Excellence" - we got to go around and shake the board members hands and be on the Newnan station ...woo hoo... and then we all met for dinner..... it was really cool to be a part of something like that!! I am really proud of our school!! Northgate is a great place to call home/work!!

This past weekend, we kept the sitting on Santa's lap with the cousins tradition.... I tried to take a picture when they were actually on Santa's lap but the angry elves who run the photo part of the operation, about took me down when I pulled out my camera... I explained to the angy elf that I was going to buy some of her overpriced crappy pictures, but I wanted one on my camera that was more candid to put on my blog.... it didn't matter...I thought the security guy was about to take me out of the mall, I tell you... so I settled for this picture instead... True to form, Michael looks like he would rather be anywhere but in a picture with his lovely siblings and cousins, but we love him anyway.... besides that is part of the tradition :)
Look out, Blog readers.....my mom is back on the blog.... she has lost 20lbs. and is lookin' good.... I took this picture after Jessi's Christmas Chorus Concert that was held at First Baptist Newnan... it was a really pretty service!!!
The boot camp girls all got together and had a Christmas/Birthday party ... the birthday girls were Carla and Sandra... and we also played dirty Santa with the gifts we bought... it was so much fun!! Here is crazy Amber ...showing off about 20 ways you can wear this wrap around thing that Sandra received as one of her birthday gifts... she wrapped that thing around her every which a way you can imagine.... crack me up....
Here is Sandra opening her birthday gifts... love the top, Sandra. You should wear it just like that.... I bet you looked fabulous in it when you were in Jamaica.....
Here we are after an evening of fun... I love to laugh so I am always happy to spend time with these wonderful women...I smile and laugh the whole time I am with them and always walk away learning something new... like... "don't take myself so seriously" or "just screw it... will it really matter a year later" or "eat and be merry" and so on and so forth... I have never been around a group of women like these gals... they have a special place in my heart for sure!!!
My peeps decided to ex our standing weekly La Parilla night to visit each others houses for Christmas and eat and play games and stuff... just a sorta change things up a little.... the first one was held at my house... we had homemade soup, sweet tea, and played "apples to apples" - Ginger kicked butt at this game.... she was really good at reading her judge... we are such a wild bunch, huh?
On Dec. 6th, we decided to have a shin dig at mom's house ... a "decorate the tree" kinda dinner... Natalie, Bridget, Madison, and Jessi got their first and then after Becca's soccer tournament and a day of shopping at Perimeter Mall, Becca and I headed up, but not before picking up Bryce .... After dinner, Jessi and Madison get this crazy idea to see if they could tie string to Jessi's eyelash... and as you can see, they succeeded in doing so.... this is a symptom of "tree trimming avoidance" but don't worry, I got them up and busy....
Before we could put ornaments on the tree, there was this one little problem.... a string of lights would not burn and we knew that there must be one string that had not been plugged in... we all looked and looked and looked... her is me and my lil' sister up under the tree looking up to find it... can you tell we are sisters or what?
Now Bryce take a turn..... still no luck...
Becca looks very concerned about the lights on the tree.... she has found a hat to model... another symptom of "tree trimming avoidance"
So we gave up on the lights and just turned the non-burning area to the back and hopefully it will be okay.... Becca and Bryce are good helpers... poor Bryce... another evening spent with a room full of females and he is the only guy...HA!
Maddie and Jessi take charge of hanging the ornaments while Mee Mee sets out her Nativity and Nat and Bridget set out her village... and I do what I do best.... supervise :)
Nat and Bridget taking a break...... the village looks great, guys :)
Here, while you sit and rest, let me serenade you ..... "Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Glory to the New Born King..." This picture is pretty good...but would have been so much better if my sis would have been acting a fool right beside me... instead of laughing at me on the couch... when she took this picture she said that I looked like a ...well special .... bless my heart....
Jessi found an angel ornament that was missing its head so Jessi decided since she is the "angel child" that she would fill in.... sorry, Jessi, but we can't hang you on the tree....but you are my angel.... love you!
Mee Mee with her girls!! The tree is all decorated and we take time to get a few glamour shots before we leave.....
Mom models some of her new threads for me and lets me snap a really good picture too!!! Lookin' good, mom!! Girls, ya'll did an excellent job on the tree too!!!
My favorite three lovely ladies.....
Becca and the lone boy......
my crazy girls.... Jessi is a limber freak....
The next day, me and Joanie and Rhonda take off to Atlanta to Rhode's Hall where our girls sang for this ritzy Christmas thingie...... Here they are before the singing began....how pretty
Jessi and Brittany with Santa.... they were performing while little children got to have their picture taken in this beautiful castle, Rhodes Hall. So if you have money and don't want your children to go sit in Santa's lap at the mall with all of the regular people, pay to come to Rhodes Hall and sit on this Santa's lap and be serenaded by a chorus and eat crumpets... crack me up!
This is another room in Rhodes Hall where the children can make ornaments... Jessi and Michaela....
My baby girl... almost as tall as me..... I was so proud of her for being invited to sing... Mrs. Walton only picked a few to come
the momma's ready to flee this joint and shop at Atlantic Station.....
Okay, they are singing ... we stay for a minute and pay our mommy dues (seriously, they did sound very pretty) and then like a banana, we split.... Hallelujah, Atlantic station is a rocks throw from the castle......
Northgate had a great honor this month... we are a "School of Excellence" - we got to go around and shake the board members hands and be on the Newnan station ...woo hoo... and then we all met for dinner..... it was really cool to be a part of something like that!! I am really proud of our school!! Northgate is a great place to call home/work!!
This past weekend, we kept the sitting on Santa's lap with the cousins tradition.... I tried to take a picture when they were actually on Santa's lap but the angry elves who run the photo part of the operation, about took me down when I pulled out my camera... I explained to the angy elf that I was going to buy some of her overpriced crappy pictures, but I wanted one on my camera that was more candid to put on my blog.... it didn't matter...I thought the security guy was about to take me out of the mall, I tell you... so I settled for this picture instead... True to form, Michael looks like he would rather be anywhere but in a picture with his lovely siblings and cousins, but we love him anyway.... besides that is part of the tradition :)
oh, and one more funny thing about that incident.... I was so mad at those sorry elves that I made them take like 20 pictures of the kids...you know the line was really really long and they wanted to just snap your picture and then move on to the next ... we were just cattle to them.. but, no... I acted like I was having their pictures made at Olan Mills or something... the funny part about that is that when I had grown tired of this little mischevious fun, I just picked the last one ...and Becca is about to blink in this picture and she looks ..well special.... HA!!!
Yes, it was another cheer weekend!!! Go Ga Heat!! This time it was closer to home, though... I took papers to grade and got alot done.. so the day wasn't a total waste...okay... I know I sound like a horrible mom... so ... I should say that Jessi and her team looked really good and Jessi did Awesome, as usual... she had a good time at the cheer competition .... so there.. you know how much I love cheerleading competitions...they are just super awesome...they are like the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow, I didn't get a picture the week before at Rhonda's house... we had dumplings and homemade apple pie and played scattergories and pictionary... it was alot of fun!! This was the last stop of our month without La Parilla and dinner was at Amber's house this week. We had taco soup and a delicious low-cal. banana pudding that also served as a birthday cake for Ginger and Rhonda. Happy Birthday, girlies!! Blow out your candles and make a wish!!! That night the boys all played with the Wii and the we girls just sat around the table and do what we do best... just talk and laugh..... I love coming to work every day and I love my best friends - I couldn't see doing life without them... a great December without La Parilla but with alot of yummy food and games instead....
Yes, it was another cheer weekend!!! Go Ga Heat!! This time it was closer to home, though... I took papers to grade and got alot done.. so the day wasn't a total waste...okay... I know I sound like a horrible mom... so ... I should say that Jessi and her team looked really good and Jessi did Awesome, as usual... she had a good time at the cheer competition .... so there.. you know how much I love cheerleading competitions...they are just super awesome...they are like the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somehow, I didn't get a picture the week before at Rhonda's house... we had dumplings and homemade apple pie and played scattergories and pictionary... it was alot of fun!! This was the last stop of our month without La Parilla and dinner was at Amber's house this week. We had taco soup and a delicious low-cal. banana pudding that also served as a birthday cake for Ginger and Rhonda. Happy Birthday, girlies!! Blow out your candles and make a wish!!! That night the boys all played with the Wii and the we girls just sat around the table and do what we do best... just talk and laugh..... I love coming to work every day and I love my best friends - I couldn't see doing life without them... a great December without La Parilla but with alot of yummy food and games instead....
No comments:
Post a Comment