Britt and I took off to Callaway Gardens Sunday night for the March of Dimes walk through the Festival of Lights. It was a frigid night for a 5 mile walk, but it didn't curb the excitement of getting to walk through the Christmas lights!! I am like a little kid when it comes to Christmas lights!! Britt and I have only been friends for a very short while this year through Boot Camp and I was so glad to have had this time to get to know her better!! She was the perfect person to go skipping through 5 miles of Fantasy Lights in freezing temperatures - she has a warm heart, big smile, and she is so easy to talk to....and I love for her to tell of her adventures .... she will tell you where she hasn't been to answer the question, "so where all have you traveled?"
Here we are about to walk into Santa's Workshop!! Oh Boy!! The music is playing and I can hear the elves working hard on the toys for all the good boys and girls!! Santa, wait!! I have been mostly good. Does that count?
It was much more fun to walk through instead of driving.. we got to go up and just take our time or pose for a few fun shots along the way.... isn't she just the cutest?!?
The pictures in the winter wonderland did not do it justice. I took many photos, but you just have to go and see it for yourself. It was just magical!! We skipped and sang along..."walking in a winter wonderland..."
This one came out very good..... again.... magical....
the lighting was better for this shot... Britt is part of the poinsettia
This whole part was growing all types of flowers and doves were flying through.... We had so much fun!! The "12 days of Christmas " section was another one of my favorite parts, but the winter wonderland was definitely my favorite part... it had the "wow" factor... At the end they served us free hot chocolate and cookies... it was nice to just be a kid for an evening!! I am adding this to my yearly "to do" list - I will be coming back next year!!
1 comment:
That looked like a lot of fun.
Cold never hurt anyone. :)
Post a Comment